Monday, December 12, 2011

Hey You! I Can't Stand You! Let's Do Coffee!

Ah, Facebook. Sometimes you love it, sometimes you, well...you know. Here's something that came across my news feed today. Read it, and then I have some commentary following it:


I am sharing this "inspirational quote" not because I like it, but precisely because I do not. While I agree that we should not live with regrets, the sentence, "So love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who don't" is a very shallow love. If the whole world acts in this way, only repaying kindness with kindness and mistreatment with indifference or even hatred, we will not evolve very quickly. I think it's when you can say, "I don't understand you very much and I'm not even sure that I like being around you, but I honour you as my sister or brother, and let's do coffee to understand each other more," that we will see the expansion of love and oneness on our small planet.

No comments: