Monday, August 13, 2012

What If?


What if happiness is found in the waiting rather than the striving?

What if there is truth to all of this "stay in the present" business?

What if it is best to find time to slow down, even if it's for 10 minutes a day?

What if all we have is now?

What if our fears are shadows and our dreams attainable?

What if it is my job to love all those around me, not just my friends and family and those who seem lovable?

What if the Divine Lover has placed me in this world, in this moment, for a reason?

What if I should spend more time letting go when everything around me seems so attractive?

What if simple graces are to be found, if only my mind wasn't so preoccupied?

What if the best thing I could give to a friend is not advice, but time and a listening ear?

And what if I have plenty of time to heed the call I have heard like the beating of a drum for years?

Mark Andrew Alward

No comments: