Sunday, December 9, 2012

Good Music, Good Coffee, Good Painkillers = A Pretty Good Night

6:08pm
Coffee Culture - Kitchener, Ontario

I feel as if it is 8 or 9 pm and I'm semi-floating in a haze of Tylenol 3's and other pills to keep my back pain at bay. The soundtrack of my evening has been Larry Norman and Randy Stonehill, two of the pioneers of contemporary Christian music. Stuff from the late 60's onward.  I didn't quite make it to church this morning because of the comfy stupour I was in from the previous night's pills.

I'm looking forward to the change in place and surrounding; I'll be going to my mother's place for a couple of weeks soon, where I'll spend time reading, writing, and playing with my Mom's cat, Oliver. That and drinking egg nog. The other day I drank a whole litre of it in the mall food court, and also in the library in the study carols. I suppose it could have been called the Carols of the Belch. It's interesting feeling this way; that not only am I not supposed to be busy, but I can't be busy. My mind is just temporarily dulled.  I look forward when I end up back in school or pursuing another career, but for now I'll still concentrate on spiritual growth and learning to listen more and talk less.

G'Night.

Mark Andrew

No comments: